Blogs

Sun 31st Mar 2013 - 12:44pm Category: League of Legends

td

Atma's impaler

• Lordodirections

Alan Slocum
    Sun 31st Mar 2013 - 2:46pm

Interesting read! I feel as though the longsword + ruby crystal + chain vest build path would see the most play of the suggested reworked items, especially in the current meta. For 2300 gold, something that allows a top laner / jungler who built tank stats to gain a large chunk of AD for a low price? Atma's would go from being a sub-par and rarely seen item, to one that bruisers would be dying to get their hands on

• m0rtus

Emil Piršić
    Sun 31st Mar 2013 - 3:11pm

Thanks for the comment ! Yeah, the only problem with that suggestion is that the item lost its legendary status :o! However, this means that Atma's might become an "advanced item" and could be upgraded into something even better :D

• Lordodirections

Alan Slocum
    Sun 31st Mar 2013 - 3:22pm

If it were to build further into another item after that, I'm sure we'd start seeing it across the league in no time at all! Take Bilgewater Cutlass since the introduction of the BoTRK, suddenly with the price reduction and increase in effective stats it's all over the place instead of being something that we only saw Akali and Jax build before!

• Velatum

Chris[...]n W[...]lke
    Sun 31st Mar 2013 - 4:32pm

I like the idea - I loved the Impaler when it had this 2% scaling and within the old meta. Now I do not build it anymore since it does not bring me an advantage as Jax, J4 and my other champions I favor. But option number 1 and 4 are really attractive and I hope that Riot will react to it?! Right now the item gets much too much LESS love :D But for number 1: Half a second knock up and 45sec cd + auto attack needs to be hit ? I think something like every 7th AA will knock up would be nice, too - like Xin Zhao... but it would reduce the viability for champs without attackspeed on the other hand. Kind of tricky. Good job, keep on :3 I would like to see some other item-ideas of you ;)

tachoman
    Sun 31st Mar 2013 - 7:04pm

Interesting suggestions! The last one made me think: what about making something akin to Rod of Ages but aimed towards AD-scaling characters? I believe your suggestion would feel bad to have, since for the most part you would be unable to control the stats that the item gave (perhaps an active that switches between it granting Lifesteal or Critchance?). However, I see how it is aimed at having it scale with game length/character progression, what with level-ups changing the stats it gives, as well as the HP-to-AD scaling working on all sources of Health. In any case, I feel like Avarice Blade is a clunky item due to it not granting anything of particular importance early game, where gold items are usually better, nor being useful past laning phase. Perhaps a good idea would be to reimagine the item with another functionality or stats? Anyway, good read!

• m0rtus

Emil Piršić
    Mon 1st Apr 2013 - 1:10am

Ty so much guys for the feedback and input :) I'll def try to make more item ideas ^^