Alienware Cup #34: Team Fortress 2
Sat 17th Aug 2013 - 6:19pm
Next Saturday we will host another Team Fortress 2 cup, proudly sponsored by Alienware. 32 teams are able to compete in this cup and it is open to all, so don't hesitate to sign up your squad!
This time teams will be competing for a £500 cash prize and games are set to be played on Saturday 17th August starting at 19:00 CET. The check-in starts at 18:00 CET and check-in is done using first come first serve, so don't forget to be on the cup chat.
How do I sign up?
Make a comment on this newspost with your name, nation and IRC nickname. You are expected to idle #dignitas.cup on Quakenet (Chat) 1 hour minutes before the cup starts.
Alienware Arena™ is an on-going series of contests and promotions presented by Alienware® and held online and at LAN parties, LAN centers, trade shows, retail locations, and other special events. Meet and compete against rival gamers in head-to-head and team tournaments for opportunities to win cash and high-performance Alienware gear or simply join in on discussions about your favorite existing and upcoming PC games.
Game: Team Fortress 2 6on6
Map pool: badlands, gullywash, snakewater, process, granary and viaduct
Cup date: Saturday 17th August
Check-in: 18:00 - 19:00 CET on Saturday
Starting time: 19:00 CET at #dignitas.cup
Stream: the VanillaTV crew will be casting on twitch.tv/ReadyUpTV
Prize Pool: £500*
- Team Fortress 2, 6vs6
- Map pool: badlands, gullywash, snakewater, process, granary and viaduct
- All rounds BO1 with set maps, except for the Grand Final which is BO3.
- Vanilla rules
- Allowed Weapons: Standard weapons, Blutsauger, Kritzkrieg, Übersaw, Crusader’s Crossbow, Overdose, Gunboats, Boston Basher, Escape Plan, Pain Train
- ETF2L Config settings
- All teams must check-in between 18:00 CET and 19:00 CET to participate in the cup.
- In case of a map draw, a golden cap round of 10 minutes will be played. If it is still 0-0 after the 10 minutes, the team that owns the middle capture point has won.
- Teams are allowed to use mercs at any time.
- Any form of cheating will result in a permanent ban from all Team Dignitas cups. An admin is free to kick/ban any player from the cup if he suspects a player of cheating / abusive behavior.
- Screenshots of scores must be made after each round. All teams must record their matches.
How to Check-In
Teams are required to be idling in #dignitas.cup between 18:00 CET and 19:00 CET and inform the admin (Sui) that their team is ready to play in the tournament. After the admin confirms your participation you are considered checked in.
Name: Killer Squad
Lineup: Player 1, Player 2, Player 3, Player 4, Player 5, Player 6
Contact: YOURNAME @ #dignitas.cup (IRC contact is mandatory)
*All payments will be made over Paypal. Teams/players need to send their information to the tournament admin within one week after the cup took place to claim their prize.