Sui

By Sui

Piet Smet

goldenglue signs for Team Dignitas LCS

Tue 25th Mar 2014 - 8:02pm Category: League of Legends

Team Dignitas is glad to announce that we have completed the transfer of Greyson 'Goldenglue' Gilmer from compLexity Red to the Team Dignitas League of Legends squad. Goldenglue will be playing in our LCS matches starting this weekend as the Mid Laner of the team. He is joining the team for practice this week and will make his first appearance in our match against EG on Saturday.

Goldenglue has big shoes to fill but we are confident that a breath of fresh air is what the team needs to bring back their A-game. We thank our friends over at compLexity for a smooth transfer and want to welcome Goldenglue to our team!

Greyson 'Goldenglue' Gilmer

"I am immensely excited to be the newest addition to Team Dignitas; it's truly an honor for me to be included amongst other first-rate League of Legends players in the world. This is something I have always dreamed of and I'm prepared to give my team an unconditional showing of effort.

My roots lie in Flower Mound, TX and I currently attend High School. I have been a gamer for as long as I can remember, developing a feverous passion for it. This next passage of my life, away from home in California, is undoubtedly one of the most prominent experiences that I will have the privilege of ever undergoing."

Together with this transfer comes the announcement of William 'Scarra' Li stepping down from our main roster. Instead, Scarra will be a substitute player and will take on a coaching role within the team.

All parties involved agreed that this decision is best for the team, however, Scarra will continue living in our gaming house as part of our organization while he focuses on helping the other players as a coach.

William 'Scarra' Li

"I don't want this announcement to cause undue pain on the other members of the team. They are all great players, goldenglue included, and had to make a tough choice. Please keep supporting the team as I still will be from behind the scenes."

• pearmonvon

Julia Gilmore
    Tue 25th Mar 2014 - 9:34pm

I love you guys but am exceptionally upset by this news. I hope you are able to do well for the remainder of the spring split.

Pengw1n
    Tue 25th Mar 2014 - 9:58pm

Everything I know about league, I've learned from Scarra. Sad to see him go.

Axisbelgium
    Tue 25th Mar 2014 - 10:28pm

Fk i followed scarra for about 2 years and watched his stream often and saw just about every interview he ever did, From the 2 hour long panini lunch with travis up to every 2 minute lcs interview. I hope he comes back or he doesn't become a stranger..... WE LOVE YOU SCARRA

• Neldonar

Joaquin Gavilano
    Tue 25th Mar 2014 - 10:33pm

This makes me really sad. Scarra was the first pro player I ever admired, and he won't be playing anymore. I hope Dig does well

• jawo97

Jesper Nielsen
    Tue 25th Mar 2014 - 11:13pm

Scarra was the one player that realy made me enjoy league of legends. He was the one who made me like Dignitas. He has been an inspiration to me ever since I started watching his streams. I feel so sad now that he is actually leaving the team. Thank god that he is atleast staying as a coach. I will always remember you Scarra. Thank you!

• Noqerv

John C
    Wed 26th Mar 2014 - 12:04am

Sucks to see Scarra go, fantastic player and a wonderful guy. Glad he will stay a part of the team though. Thanks for being awesome Scarra! Welcome, goldenglue!

• deletetheelite

Anthony Collins
    Wed 26th Mar 2014 - 2:26am

scarra, thanks for the memories! I'll never forget the S2 World Championship run, the same year I started playing and watching the LCS. You'll be missed greatly. Sorry to see you go, but I hope you can provide better direction and coaching for the guys.

Chron1cle
    Wed 26th Mar 2014 - 4:23am

SCARRA NEOOOOOOOOOO, dun do dis

jonashansen98
    Wed 26th Mar 2014 - 8:32am

Scarra has always been my favorite League of Legends player. All i know from League, i learned from his streams. So i am pretty sure this is kinda sad to us all that you have to leave as a player from the team. We all love you very much Scarra, and i am sure you will join the team as a player once again in the future. Scarra is and will always be the best League player for me. Hope to see once in real life! Bye.

• Bergie

Fredrik Bergmann
    Wed 26th Mar 2014 - 2:44pm

Sad to see you step down Scarra, but im sure you'll still be a very valuable asset to the team! Welcome and good luck Goldenboy :)

founddeath
    Wed 26th Mar 2014 - 5:06pm

When I started play League last year, Scarra was my first contact with the "pro players" world, even if I don't play mid lane anymore, watching his streams was a big improvement for me. Good luck, Scarra! I'll keep looking forward to watch Dig matches. (I main jungle so needless to say I watch Crumbz playing a lot)

• Wed 26th Mar 2014 - 8:21pm

my favourite player...retire...i cant belive.but ill support you no matter what Scarra and i will always be your #1 fan.ty for everything and good luck as a coach <3 :(

• itrbryan

...Bryan
    Thu 27th Mar 2014 - 1:34am

I had to make an account just to say... whaaaat? I suppose I did see him on his stream a few nights ago where he said he wasn't one of the better mid-laners in the LCS and was disappointed with how he'd been performing lately. Tell me it isn't so... *sigh* I hope you aren't leaving the League community completely, Mr. Scarra.. but if you do, I'm sure you'll find happiness in whatever you choose to pursue. Thanks for being around

• nrexus

edvin olsson
    Thu 27th Mar 2014 - 12:45pm

Im sad to hear this but i will allways support Dignitas and scarra for whatever you do but i would like to see scarra in some other team so we can see THE ALL STAR PLAYER PREFORM.

PentaStealz
    Thu 27th Mar 2014 - 4:25pm

Love Scarra and I hope he streams more now. With that being said.. His play this year was subpar, so I understand the move.. He just lost the passion which happens to everyone.

Atone
    Thu 27th Mar 2014 - 4:28pm

Definitely hope this means we see more Scarra streams.

s7ef
    Sun 30th Mar 2014 - 11:40pm

Damn, thats so sad. Since ever I remember I loved scarra and his personality. Such a nice and humble guy. Learned a lot due to his educative stream. I hope we see you still arround, otherwise it would be a great loss for the league community. Love ya. Thanks for all!