Nosferatoon

By Nosferatoon

Nathaniel Shepley

TotalBiscuit to sponsor BlinG

Fri 24th Feb 2012 - 4:00pm Category: Team Dignitas

John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has announced that he will sponsor our UK Starcraft star, Samayan 'BlinG' Kay. BlinG has constantly proven himself to be one of the or if not the best player in the UK, recently beating DeMusliM in the Battle of the Roses showmatch and also representing the UK at WCG 2011.

He recently moved to France to stay in the Millenium training house with his friend Stephano to train, this week he is at Assembly LAN in Finland to compete against some of the best players in the world and to try and win $10,000.

Quote from TotalBiscuit:
“I am fortunate to be in a position where I can undertake this sponsorship. The Starcraft community has given a lot to me and in turn I've had the opportunity to give back with SHOUTcraft Invitational. Now it is time to take it one step further and directly support a UK talent that I believe has the potential to be one of the best foreigners in the world.

It's an unusual choice when you think about it, an ex-competitive Halo player coming to Starcraft 2, no Broodwar background or Warcraft 3, yet beginning to seriously make his mark on the international Starcraft 2 scene. UK pro-gamers have traditionally struggled to make ends meet in SC2, it is a volatile scene and difficult to maintain the consistent income you need to be able to live and practice full time. This is the case in other countries as well but it makes sense to support an up and coming UK pro gamer and hopefully inspire others from the country to work towards similar greatness.

I have watched BlinG from the very start, I cast his victory in the Dignitas Gamer Search which got him a spot on the UK's foremost pro gaming team. I watched him compete in a stacked field at The Gadget Show and take games from SeleCT and Hasuobs soon afterward, fight to the finals of i42, battle and fall in SCI2, quality as the sole UK representative for WCG, destroy his group in a clean sweep, take a game from MvP and finally defeat Demuslim in a BO9 to claim the crown as the Best of British.

I am invested in his success as a fan and now I am invested in his success as a sponsor. We will support BlinG financially in partnership with Team Dignitas, we will ensure that his sole concern is to be the best he possibly can be and we will be there cheering him on in both victory and defeat. Come on England!"

Quote from BlinG:
"I'm really happy and very grateful to receive this personal sponsorship from TotalBiscuit. I know he's been able to follow me throughout my SC2 career and it feels amazing to know that he believes in me that much and he is willing to create this support. It's a great opportunity for me and will help me a lot in reaching the goals I want to achieve.

I'd like to say a big thank you to TotalBiscuit and Team Dignitas for making this happen and I'll try my best to do everything I can to bring success to everyone involved!"

Be sure to follow @TotalBiscuit and @dignitasBlinG on twitter to receive updates from them.

Cynicalbrit.com

• Sombrero

Andrew Philippou
    Fri 24th Feb 2012 - 4:06pm

Great news! Looking forward to see what this relationship puts forward.

• BlueHat

Elliot
    Fri 24th Feb 2012 - 4:09pm

Fantastic news, best of luck with the sponsorship BlinG and thanks TB - you da man!

PiXiE777
    Fri 24th Feb 2012 - 4:12pm

Fantastic news! And such a bold move for a caster to sponsor a player, this is a great honour for BlinG, and great news for all parties.

dragonborn
    Fri 24th Feb 2012 - 4:31pm

amazing news, bling is really talented!

• Slez

Ivan Slezak
    Fri 24th Feb 2012 - 4:40pm

Wow, great news, props to Totalbiscuit and congrats to Bling.

• Bergie

Fredrik Bergmann
    Fri 24th Feb 2012 - 4:56pm

Fantastic news, TB is an awesome guy and I believe this partnership will do everyone good:)

• Prower

Alex Tolley
    Fri 24th Feb 2012 - 4:59pm

Oh my balls. This is absolutely amazing news, So glad to hear BlinG's gonna have such a great chance to reach his full potential now, and I can't wait for him to stomp the opposition whilst representing Britain ^.^ Go BlinG!

• Mandioka

Patrick Sousa
    Fri 24th Feb 2012 - 5:16pm

nice news, go mate! =)

Varzoth
    Fri 24th Feb 2012 - 6:36pm

Awesome, grats BlinG and thankyou TB for your continued support of gaming and in this case UK gaming!!

• Russki

Adam Crick
    Fri 24th Feb 2012 - 6:39pm

<3 Mafia Boss TB

TheHova
    Fri 24th Feb 2012 - 8:25pm

What an absolutely great asset to the community TB is. Definitely not niggardly with his money. Congratz to all parties.

LoganSC2
    Fri 24th Feb 2012 - 9:26pm

Really awesome news! It's inspiring to the rest of us to see the UK fighting and winning! Just watched Bling take down Polt 2-0 at Asusrog - speechless quite frankly. Much as I admire Bling, I hadn't thought he'd take Polt down so convincingly. I was proved very wrong indeed!

• Stune

Steven Embling
    Sat 25th Feb 2012 - 10:31am

Well done. This is great news

• Jonnoo

Jonathan Holmes
    Mon 27th Feb 2012 - 2:48pm

Awesome! Nice job bling in everything you've done! Nice to Totalbiscuit too! :)

• kowa