Team Dignitas Reverse Race Tournament 3 by SCAN Computers
We are delighted to announce the return of our successful Starcraft II Reverse Race Tournament this weekend! Once more we have invited top players from Europe and North America to fight for our £750 prize money! It is not as easy as it sounds, though: in every match, the players are forced to play their opponent's standard race! That way they experience whether or not the grass really is greener on the other side in a tournament setting. At the same time, the spectators are treated with the rare sight of their idols dipping into unknown territory. Will they make a lot of mistakes and realize how hard their opponent has it? How will they opt to outplay their own race? Will we see them use what they think are overpowered strategies?
Tune in on Saturday, 22nd February, at 16:00 CET and find out! We would like to thank SCAN Computers for their great support that enables us to host this tournament.
Saturday 22nd February 16:00 CET
Sunday 23rd February 18:00 CET
|Heromarine - Gabriel Segat|
|Kas - Mihaylo Hayda|
|KrasS - Andreas Ullrich|
|NightEnD - Silviu Lazar|
|MaNa - Grzegorz Komincz|
|Welmu - Vesa Hovinen|
|CatZ - Paulo Vizcarra|
|Tefel - Łukasz Czarnecki|
1st place: £400
2nd place: £200
3rd/4th place: £75
You just play each other's races, okay? Fine, here you have it in more detail:
- Saturday 16:00 CET: Group A double elimination starts
- Saturday 19:30 CET: Group B double elimination starts
- Sunday 18:00 CET: Playoffs single elimination start
Match format: All matches Bo3, Final Bo5
(2) ESV Ion
(2) Habitation Station
(2) Heavy Rain
Reverse Race: In each match, players will choose the default race of their opponent.
- Example: (Terran) Grubby vs Kas (Protoss)
Mirror matches: The non-mirror matchups of the other two races will be played first. For a possible third map, the players can choose a race that isn’t their regular one. The upper player in the bracket chooses his race for the first map BEFORE the map veto.
- Example: DarK.FoRcE vs Slivko – DarK.FoRcE chooses Protoss for the first map before the map veto
- - Map 1: (Protoss) DarK.FoRcE vs Slivko (Terran)
- - Map 2: (Terran) DarK.FoRcE vs Slivko (Protoss)
- - Map 3: (picks Terran) DarK.FoRcE vs Slivko (picks Terran)
Mirror match in Final: Again, non-mirror matchups of the other two races first. For maps 3 and 4, the mirror matchups of those races will be played. For a possible fifth map, the players can choose a race that isn’t their regular one. The upper player chooses his race for the first map (which will also be the mirror race for map 3).
- Example: ClouD vs SjoW – ClouD chooses Zerg for the first and third map
- - Map 1: (Zerg) ClouD vs SjoW (Protoss)
- - Map 2: (Protoss) ClouD vs SjoW (Zerg)
- - Map 3: (Zerg) ClouD vs SjoW (Zerg)
- - Map 4: (Protoss) ClouD vs SjoW (Protoss)
- - Map 5: (picks Zerg) ClouD vs SjoW (picks Protoss)